Version 1.2 Release date 7th February 2019
RepKnight Ltd (”We”) have made it our business to protect individuals, safeguard their privacy and respect their wishes. We are committed to protecting your personal data and being transparent about how we collect, use and disclose your personal data.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us in connection with your use of the RepKnight corporate site (www.RepKnight.com), online services or other offline services (together, the “Services”). Please read the following carefully to understand our practices so you can make informed decisions about your relationship with us.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), the data controller is RepKnight Limited of 6B Weaver’s Court, Belfast BT12 5GH, UK.
RepKnight Ltd is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioners’ Office. Our registration number is ZA043329.
RepKnight Ltd follows these principles in order to protect your privacy:
- we do not collect any more Personal Information than is necessary to provide the Services;
- we do not keep your Personal Information if it is no longer needed; and
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We will collect the following data about you:
Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site www.RepKnight.com (Our Site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you subscribe to, or purchase, a service, make an enquiry, apply for a job and when you report a problem with Our Site or any of our services. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to Our Site we will automatically collect the following information, this will always be anonymised and cannot be traced back to you and will only be used for the purposes of improving our website and understanding how users interact with it:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from Our Site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page.
If you use our online services, we collect information from our Customer which may include your name and email address.
THE LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA:
We will only use information supplied for the stated purpose and we will only contact you for marketing purposes having received your consent first, or under the grounds of legitimate interest if you are a business and we believe you may have an interest in our products or services by virtue of your title or job function.
If you request information from us or notify us of a problem then we will respond to you under the grounds of legitimate interest.
We may contact you to update you with information about services you have purchased but this will always be made clear when you sign up for such services and it will be provided under the grounds of legitimate interest.
We will use any login information you provide us with for the processing of a contract we have entered into when providing services to you.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products, services and jobs that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about if you have consented to this;
- to provide you with information related to goods and services that you have already purchased and to notify you about changes to our service;
Information we collect about you
We will use this information in an anonymized form to:
- administer Our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and statistical purposes;
- improve Our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service such as help wizards;
- help keep Our Site safe and secure;
- measure or understand the effectiveness of marketing campaigns we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you when you have opted to receive marketing by email;
- make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may interest you if you have given us consent.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
To manage our business we use a number of third-party services who process your data on our behalf. This is for tasks such as email database management and Customer Relationship Management. We keep an up-to-date list of third parties which is reproduced below. These services cannot share your data with anyone.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties only:
- if RepKnight Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We keep an up-to-date list of third parties which is available here.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will store data that is related to you and any services or goods you may have purchased from us for a maximum of 36 months from our last contact with you, except for any information relating to contracts where we are required by UK law to keep data for a longer period. Prior to this time limit, we will seek permission to use and store the data for a further 12 months. If you do not give repeated permission your data will be deleted from our systems.
Where you request data to be removed from our system, please note it may take up to 28 days for this process to be completed.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access and any data we store about you will be encrypted at rest and in transit when in our systems.
We will always inform you before collecting your data of any use we may make of that data or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
Should we send you information and you no longer wish to be contacted please unsubscribe or contact us by email (email@example.com). This process will be completed within 28 days.
Your consent choices can also be managed directly from the permissions tab on the RepKnight website www.RepKnight.com.
OTHER SITES REFERENCED ON WWW.REPKNIGHT.COM
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you and your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. In order to assist us with any requests, we ask that you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below:
Google Analytics user identification
1 year persistence
Google Analytics user identification
24 hour persistence
Wordfence cookie used to track a user for the duration of their visit so that their page views can be grouped together
Strictly necessary cookie
used to override any security restrictions based on the IP address the visitor is coming from
Strictly necessary cookie
Used by Wordfence to protect the site against malicious attacks